Society: Religion_and_Spirituality: Fictional
|This category in other languages:|
- Bokononism - This is a religion created in the fiction of writer Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. It promotes the idea that the only truly sacred thing is man.
- Brahma Dung Ananda - Fictional Religion relating the humorous adventures and spiritual guidance of a bull called His Holiness the Brahma Dung Ananda.
- Brawlstoneism - A cult based on three drunk guys. Links to band's music included.
- Calyr Elves Church - This is a religion describing the religious practices of the Calyr Elves of the 9th realm, as well as those who adopt the Elf lifestyle. It encourages followers to embrace diversity and tolerance of all other religions.
- The Church of Anthrodeism - Anthrodeism, or "Ad," is a mock religion for agnostics, atheists, and humanists. This "church" attempts to pull in many aspects of different religions.
- Church of Daler Mehndi - Dedicated to the worship of the Divine Turban of Daler Mehndi. The Church also ordains Priests of the Mehndi and the Turban.
- The Church of Google - Followers believe the search engine Google is the closest humankind has ever come to directly experiencing a Deity, as Google exhibits many of the characteristics typically associated with Gods.
- The Church of Lord Moo Moo - The sole purpose of the Church of Moo Moo (a.k.a. the Organization for the Promotion of the Institutionalization of the Supreme Ideological Ideal on Earth) is to best serve the Good Lord Moo Moo. Not affiliated with the Grate Church of Moo.
- The Church of Tetris - This is a group which worships the game Tetris and seeks to enlighten all in the playing of the game.
- Church of the Benevolent Deities - This is an organization which believes in combining divine manifestations, such as peace, goodness, and wisdom with laughter and satire in order to create a religious corporation. It promotes "Jester Prophets" as well as the individual's right to create his own religious texts.
- The Church of the Gerbil - A religion centered around the belief that God is a gerbil who has influenced all of history and changed the course of mankind.
- The Church of the Grey - The Church of the Grey is a religion based on individual choice. Members write their own holy book and laws, based on the guidelines given by the leaders of the church.
- Church of the Holy Flip - The Church of Holy Flip is a game-based fictional religion. All Believers can worship Flip and join his religion with the rituals and Flip language contained within the website.
- The Church of Tina Chopp - The church of bizarre sex, snake fondling and vegetable sacrifice.
- Dake-Bonoism - This Uncyclopedia entry contains a fairly complete description of Dake-Bonoism, a synthesis of pentecostal teachings and the lyrics of Bono, lead singer for the Irish band U2.
- First Church of Tiger Woods - Prayer, history and the "Ten Tiger Commandments." Attempts to answer whether God golfs and whether Tiger Woods is God.
- First Reformed Church of SpongeBob Squarepants - An alternative religion for those who whish to experience Nautical Nonsense by following the teachings of Sponge Bob Square Pants.
- The Followers of Frodo - Guidance under the greatness of the Almighty Frodo Baggins. Salvation of the soul and protection in the coming of his judgement.
- The Grate Church of Moo - The sacred cow revealed through testimony, quotes, posters, and hymns.
- Herbertism - A website for information on the only religion based around a rubber duck.
- The Holy Order of Sockism - A brief history and background information to the religion of sockism. This site provides a valuable insight into the fundamental features of the faith.
- Holy Order of the Lemon - Patron saint of the order is 19th-century French socialist Charles Fourier, who believed in the overthrow of civilization and the founding of a "society of harmony" in which all passions and manias would be encouraged, after which the ocean would turn to lemonade.
- JCWWFETBSPBTAATCOS Fellowship - A satirical religion celebrating many different faiths in order to get more holidays from work.
- John Stamos' Shrine - A site dedicated to the belief that the actor John Stamos is the Messiah sent from God to save humanity.
- The Kick Ass, Post Apocalyptic Doomsday Cult of Love - This cult is described humorously as an attempt at establishing an Extremist Revolutionary Religious Cult. All new cult members receive a packet of virtual Kool-Aid for joining.
- Lucindarianism - The religion states that the purpose of life is not to worship La-Lu (Lady-Lucinda, their deity); but to live peacefully and happily.
- Monkey Of Asia Society - The Monkey of Asia Society is fixed on changing ourselves back into our superior monkey selves.
- The New Religion - A food-based parody religion known as KeDonald or KeDonaldism.
- The NHGH Outreach Ministry - SubGenius schism dedicated to furthering the goals of the dark God known as NHGH.
- The Oceanic Brotherhood - The site of the Oceanic Brotherhood, a religion founded by the prophets of the ocean.
- The Online Book of Jeremias - Created by a grade 11 student for a project in World Religions class, outlining the fictional religion of the "Azurra'ynn".
- Paul Wheeler Fan Club - The history, scripture and teachings of Paul Wheeler, who believes that he is essential to the survival of every living thing on earth.
- 345th Intergalactic Ambulance Wing - Explores traditional aspects of sprituality from a science fiction, narrative therapy point of view.
- Timothean Religion - The Timothean religion seeks to restore the Earth back to God's Kingdom. They do not take the Bible literally and are not considered Christians, though they believe that Christ is God.
- Universal Church of the Interactive Network - Offers email, web and other directives to help mankind achieve global consciousness via the medium of the Internet and in doing so make us a viable active member of the universe.
- UNM Campus Crusade for Cthulu - Fictional religion based upon an entity created by writer H.P. Lovecraft. This creature is often depicted as being part human, part dragon, and part octopus.
- The Unreality Cult - A new philosophy and a different way of looking at the world.
- Wallism and the Divine Masonry - A humourous site dedicated to the worship of the holy Wall, the Great Divider, most stoic of deities.
- Weluvducsoha - The fictional religion co-founded by Zoel and Betty and plagued by the heretical HCM BrainCandy. Members of weluvducsoha are most often to be found chasing ducks around the nearest part, declaring jihad on a neighborhood school, or just sitting around contemplating the meaning of life, the universe, and everything (42).
- The World Oligarchy and The True Religion - The religion for those interested in duct tape, sandwiches, and the world domination movement associated with it.
The content of this directory is based on the Open Directory and may have been modified by DWodp
Powered by DWodp live version 1.1.4 Copyright © 2003 Dominion Web