Society: Issues: Peace
|This category in other languages:|
- 1% - A Grassroots Peacearmy - Movement intended to raise awareness about each individual's power to reduce violence and suffering. History of movement, inspirational quotes, and contact information.
- Action for Peace - Wide range of progressive-leftist resources on peace, war, conflict and nonviolence, including features for pupils and teachers.
- American Friends Service Committee - Quaker organization which includes people of various faiths who are committed to social justice, peace, and humanitarian service. Its work is based on the Quaker belief in the worth of every person, and faith in the power of love to overcome violence and injustice. Programs, news, resources, and opportunities for involvement.
- Americans for Peace Now - Founded to help Shalom Achshav, its Israeli counterpart, pursue a lasting and equitable peace in the Middle East and to build an informed and empowered pro-peace American public. Action alerts, publications, events, and news and analysis.
- Ariga - Reports about the Middle East peace process, with an emphasis on peace groups, joint Israeli-Arab efforts, and other attempts to make a new Middle East. News, poetry, resources, polls, and links to forums and related sites.
- Becoming Peace: A Messenger of the Manifesto 2000 - An independent messenger of the UNESCO's Manifesto 2000. Promotes non-violence and education against violence and abuse.
- The Blairing Bush - Satirical site promoting peace at a time of war and inviting contributions from viewers. Includes cartoons, jokes, quotes, posters, and commentaries.
- A Clear Vision - Documentary film and book project asking people nationwide, "What will it take to have peace?" to generate a dialogue to find non-violent solutions to conflict. Quotes, photos, schedules, and contact information.
- Coexistence Initiative - Seeks to encourage bridging and cross-community efforts with the goal of living peacefully and respectfully with neighbors. Programs, publications, announcements, events, jobs, and resource center.
- Cold War Remembrance Day - Working to create an annual day to remember the Cold War and give thanks that humankind survived.
- Conciliation Resources - Serves as an international resource for local organizations pursuing peacebuilding and conflict resolution initiatives. Publications, programs, staff, and links to related sites.
- Creating World Peace - Calls upon people around the world to take one minute daily at noon to visualize a peaceful, healthy planet.
- European Peace Liaison Office - Network of European NGOs active in conflict prevention and peace building. Seeks to promote peacebuilding policies among the decision-makers in Europe. Mission statement and links to member sites.
- The Foundation for P.E.A.C.E. - Organization aims to promote community and international peace by helping people find personal peace, share their views of world peace and how to achieve it, and promote peace at community levels.
- Global Partnership for the Prevention of Armed Conflict - To develop a common platform for effective action on conflict prevention from the community to the global level.
- Hawaii Interfaith and Peace Activities - Resources, inspiration and announcements, links to related sites, and opportunity to contribute a prayer of peace.
- Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum - Museum established in August 1955 to convey the facts of the atomic bombing and contribute to the abolition of nuclear weapons and the realization of lasting world peace. Site offers children's section, message board, virtual museum with multi-media exhibits, call for world peace, and information on the dangers of atomic weapons.
- Institute of World Affairs - Devoted to international understanding and the peaceful resolution of conflict. Conducts programs designed to prevent violent conflict and to advance post-conflict peacebuilding. News, publications, articles, and resources.
- International Fellowship of Reconciliation (IFOR) - An international spiritually-based movement committed to active nonviolence as a way of life and as a means of personal, social, economic and political transformation.
- The Knights of the Socially Conscious - Works toward peace and promotes nonviolent resistance to war. Offers peace graphics and links to articles and other anti-war sites.
- NGO Committee on Disarmament - Provides services and facilities to the hundreds of citizens' groups concerned with the peace and disarmament activities of the United Nations. Events calendar, articles and resources, publications, and internship information.
- Non Governmental Peace Strategies Project - Aims to contribute to the achievement of a Global Ethical Target: conflict prevention, defense of human rights, and social responsibility. News, documents, projects and activities, and World Peace Index.
- Nonviolence Web - Features news, essays, and analysis from a nonviolent viewpoint. Includes discussion boards and links to peace and nonviolence sites.
- Open Letters for Peace - Supports humanitarian appeals and pursues standards for government contributions to peace, health, and development programs around the world. News, resources, and opportunities to lend support.
- Pacific Life Research Center - Dedicated to informing and educating the public on key issues to assist in the proliferation of nonviolence. Offers research papers and links to related sites. Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Partners for Democratic Change - Works to strengthen communities' ability to manage change, maximize the benefits of diversity, and prevent and resolve conflicts.
- Pathways to Peace - International not-for-profit peace building, educational, and consulting organization. Mission, articles, program information, and links to related groups.
- The Peace Abbey - Inter-denominational center that celebrates all faiths and the individuals who fight with courage and compassion against violence in the world.
- The Peace Company - Offer a wide range of peace merchandise and training for building a more peaceful world. Publishes "The Peace Book" and other titles. Offers consulting services and Peace Leadership Institute training programs.
- The Peace Museum - Provides an overview, gallery hours, location and current exhibits. Located in Chicago, Illinois.
- Peace, No War - News and information on antiwar movements across the country. Includes political cartoons and related links.
- Peace People - Organization based in Northern Ireland that promotes nonviolence, peace, and justice around the world.
- The Peace Pilgrim - Presents information on Peace Pilgrim's 28 year pilgrimage for inner and outer peace. Includes writings, photographs, audio and video.
- Peace Resource Center - Sponsored by the University of Minnesota Human Rights Center, this site provides a library of original peace and war documents, international treaties, and laws. Offers annotated list of peace and activist links.
- PeaceClinic - Believes world peace begins at home. Offers workshops to help organizations, families, and individuals survive violence and preserve peace. Sign-up forms, message boards, news, local chapters, and links to personal, domestic, and world peace resources.
- Peacenik - A compilation of links to pacifist resources and information on anti-war organizations.
- PeaceSymbol.org - A tribute to the peace symbol, offering information on its history, as well as clip art, protest posters, photographs, message boards, and links to related sites.
- Peacful Societies - Encyclopedia of peaceful societies, includes comparisons and discussion method used by these societies to maintain peace.
- Peerpeace - Site created as a class project to promote the students' visions of peace. Promotes peace in every person and every country. Articles, guest book, list of peacemakers, advice, and message board.
- Prayer4Peace.net - A nonsectarian project to accumulate one billion Vajrasattva mantra recitations dedicated to world peace and the purification of negative karmic forces.
- Radio for Peace International - Shortwave radio station in Costa Rica streaming live MP3 broadcasts. Addresses the world community as a voice of peace, champion of human rights, advocate for the oppressed, and defender of the truth. Schedule, program summaries, audio archive, technical tips, and volunteer opportunities.
- Responding to Conflict - Provides advice, cross-cultural training, and longer-term support to people working for peace in societies affected or threatened by violent conflict. Goals, courses, projects, and related links.
- Seeds of Peace - Non-profit, non-political organization that helps teenagers from regions of conflict learn the skills of making peace. Event calendar, news, articles, ways to help, and clubhouse for Arab and Israeli teens to build their own online community.
- Servas International - Non-profit organization working to build understanding, tolerance, and world peace. Operates through a network of hosts around the world who open their doors to travelers who want to get to know the heart of the countries they visit. Philosophy, FAQ, contacts, newsletter, and mailing list.
- SUPPORT PEACE - A New Symbol of Unity in a Turbulent Time, proceeds go to Peace Orgs.
- Tetworld Peace Through Development Project - Based on Buckminster Fuller's concept for a global computer/internet based strategic game to "Make the World Work for Everyone".
- The thinkPEACE Network - Includes peace history, quotes, poems, music, activities, forum and promotion of the UN's annual September 21st International day of peace.
- Transcend - A peace and development organization for conflict transformation by peaceful means. Goal is to bring about a more peaceful world by using action, education/training, dissemination, and research to handle conflicts creatively and nonviolently. Manuals, articles, publications, audio lectures, and training schedule.
- UN Peacemaker - Provides information on peace agreements, peacemaking mandate, managing a peace process, Peacemaker's Toolbox, resources and forum. From the UN Department of Political Affairs (DPA).
- UNESCO Web Forum on Human Security - Bi-lingual forum on human Security and peace run by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- United Earth for Peace - A single voice, in the online wilderness, calling for peace in the world.
- United Nations - Peace and Security - List of resources from the UN including peacekeeping operations, security council, disarmament, land mines, and areas currently experiencing conflict.
- Uni-World - Dedicated to creating a world of understanding and peace. Provides mission statement, news, and a forum.
- War Is Stupid Dot Com - Photos and thoughts on peace and war.
- We Are Many, We Are One - Includes the Covenant of Peace, 10 Points for Peace, press releases, petition letters to world leaders, and contact details.
- World Conference on Religion and Peace - WCRP is a multi-religious international organization which promotes peace through religious cooperation and dialogue. WCRP has members in over 100 countries and is accredited to the United Nations.
- World Peace Flag - Created to help promote World Peace, friendship, harmony and Unity. Available to download. Explains the symbology of colors and images used on the flag.
- World Peace Herald - An on-line news publication covering issues that affect peace, World Peace Herald targets English-speaking readers worldwide who want to follow the issues standing in the way of peace.
- Worldwide Forgiveness Alliance - Contains information about Forgiveness Day, an annual observance. Describes seminars, provides membership information and articles on forgiveness. Includes contact details.
- WSP International - An organization helping war-torn societies to build lasting peace.
The content of this directory is based on the Open Directory and may have been modified by DWodp
Powered by DWodp live version 1.1.4 Copyright © 2003 Dominion Web