Society: Issues: Health
|This category in other languages:|
- American Council on Science and Health - A consumer education consortium concerned with issues related to food, nutrition, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, lifestyle, the environment and health. ACSH is an independent, nonprofit, tax-exempt organization.
- Antibiotic resistance - From the Why Files.
- Case Western Reserve University - Program on Society and Health - Interdisciplinary group which studies the impact of biomedical technology, health policy, and demographic shifts on society. Mission statement, upcoming events, past events, future plans, and faculty listing.
- Health Facts and Fears - A news site promoting sound science and combating the hype and junk science. The issues covered include food, nutrition, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, lifestyle, the environment and health.
- HealthWatch UK - Promotes the assessment and testing of treatments, whether 'orthodox' or 'alternative'.
- Partners In Health - Research, advocacy and publications related to health, worldwide. Focus upon the poor. Partners with projects in Haiti, Peru, Mexico, United States, with a goal of neither development or charity, but "pragmatic solidarity".
- PBS - Rx for Survival: A Global Health Challenge - Series about the most critical and emerging threats to global public health, and the leaders who deal with them. Includes information about the television series, the book, how to get involved, background information and teaching resources.
- Safety Links - Directory of links to information and articles on safety.
- The UK Partnership for Global Health - A forum for people concerned at the impact of globalisation on global health. Includes documents, briefings and news.
- Way2Hope - Advice, information, research and links about a variety of issues, including alcoholism, debt, drug addiction, marriage problems, sexual abuse and weight issues.
- What Doctors Don't Tell You - Monthly magazine informing patients of little-known side effects of drugs, and allegedly "proven" alternative remedies.
The content of this directory is based on the Open Directory and may have been modified by DWodp
Powered by DWodp live version 1.1.4 Copyright © 2003 Dominion Web