Society: Issues: Education
|This category in other languages:|
- Almanac of Policy Issues: Education - Latest news, background information and links on U.S. elementary, secondary, and higher education issues.
- America Counts - National Commission on Mathematics and Science Teaching for the 21st Century.
- The Condition of Education (USA) - An integrated collection of the indicators and analyses published in The Condition of Education 2000, 2001 and 2002.
- CSMonitor.com - Learning - News coverage of education (K-12, college, and adult ed.).
- Edexhell - Success through Disqualification - Campaigning for investigation into the UK examination board Edexcel, after a series of errors in papers, marking and information. Petition, timeline and other campaign details.
- Education Matters - Essays on Public Education - Sandra Nichols writes about bilingual education, safe schools, small schools and the importance of trust and good communication between students, parents, teachers, and administrators.
- Education Week - Weekly news on American education issues. Searchable archives.
- Educational Pathways to Power - An address by Hilary Lips - recipient of the New Zealand Federation of University Women's Distinguished American Scholar Award - and distributed by Radford University's Center for Gender Studies.
- The Emperor's Nakedness: Undressing Ignorance in the Classroom - Pedagogy needs a re-think.
- Equity Center - Committed to helping public school personnel embrace the key concepts of equity and eliminate bias and discrimination in the context of their day-to-day activities.
- Expect the Best from a Girl - This site supports a national campaign for educational equity for girls in their early teens.
- From Inkwells to an Electronic Learning Community - Commentary on technological wonders as they impact education.
- Future of Freedom Foundation: Education - Collected essays presenting a libertarian perspective on the U.S. education system. Among the issues addressed are vouchers, compulsory attendance laws, and school violence.
- Global Campaign for Education - Promotes education as a basic human right, and mobilizes public pressure on governments and the international community to provide free, compulsory public basic education for all people. Includes news, resources, and action plans.
- Heartland Institute - Education - Articles reporting on school issues and reform efforts in the US.
- Heritage Foundation Research: Education - Subject index of the think tank's policy papers on school choice, students' rights, charter schools, and other issues in U.S. education.
- Independent Voices for Better Education - Dedicated to improving education and educational accountability.
- International Correspondents in Education (ICE) - ICE is a world-wide network of freelance journalists and copy-writers who specialise in education issues.
- Internet Sources for Higher Education Policy and Research - Links to higher education policy centers (both university-based and freestanding), associations, publications, and other policy-related issues, from the American Council on Education.
- Joannejacobs.com - Weblog of the freelance writer and former San Jose Mercury News columnist. Most entries are about education issues, both college and precollege.
- The Kid-Safe Network - A nation-wide educational program to teach children and parents about the dangers of child molesters. Learn special methods to avoid these dangers.
- Lessontutor.com - Educational Policy Issues - Essays about teaching and the politics of running schools.
- Media Visions - Articles and essays by journalist Ken Freed, covering issues related to literacy and educational technology.
- Moral Issues in Education - Research articles and other essays regarding character education in the United States and Japan, by Taku Ikemoto
- National Center for Policy Analysis - NCPA's conservative positions on educational issues.
- The National Center for Public Policy and Higher Education - Provides action-oriented analyses of state and federal policies affecting education beyond high school.
- National Center on Education and the Economy - Policies, tools, technical assistance and professional development that people everywhere can use to design and implement effective standards-based education and training systems.
- NPR : Homework: How Much is Too Much? - NPR presents a multi-part series on homework -- how educators are balancing mandates to improve test scores against a chronic lack of resources and the need for children to have enough time to be children. [Four segments, each in Realaudio format.]
- NPR/Kaiser/Kennedy School Education Survey - Public approves of higher taxes for schools, but wants fairness in funding; support weak for vouchers and unclear for charter schools. Read or take the poll.
- Organizational Development in Education - Optimizing schools, colleges, and universities through proven techniques such as cultural change, strategic measurement, process consulting, and other methods.
- Our Nation's Kids: Is Something Wrong? - A report on people's thinking in national issues forums. This report describes what happened as people deliberated about issues related to our nation's kids: the values they drew on, the considerations they took into account, the costs and consequences they weighed as they talked, listened to others, and had time to reflect on the issue.
- Parent-Directed Education - Contains a variety of opinions and information on various aspects of education; designed to assist parents in making informed choices.
- People For the American Way - Education Issues - Issues and articles.
- PEPE, Inc. - The only organization in the Philippines specifically devoted to the advancement and propagation of the theory and practice of popular education. As part of its commitment to human development, PEPE provides education services to a diverse set of sectors and groups - urban poor, peasants, lawyers, doctors, women, and indigenous peoples.
- Popular EducationTool Kit - Popular Education is a tool to raise people's critical awareness about the world around them, based on their personal experience. This site includes resources and exercises using Popular Education techniques.
- Public Agenda Online - Articles on US education issues.
- The Quick and the Ed - Commentary about a wide range of issues in American education.
- The Right to Education Project - A resource on the status of the right to education as outlined by the United Nations, supporting the work of the UN Special Rapporteur on education. Includes links to allied organizations.
- Society for the Advancement of Excellence in Education - provides non-partisan research, information and communication on education to Canadian policy-makers, education partners and the public.
- NPR : Hearing Voices: High School's 'Quiet Kids' - Producer Hilary Frank of the Hearing Voices radio project presents the voices of some quiet kids, teenagers, who feel isolated from the cultural life of their high schools. The story originally aired on member station WBEZ's Chicago Matters. [4:07 streaming audio broadcast] (March, 2005)
- NPR Talk of the Nation : Intellectuals on Campus - Join host Neal Conan for a discussion about intellectualism on campus. [32:31 streaming audio broadcast] (March 4, 2003)
- NYTimes.com - Sleep Is One Thing Missing in Busy Teenage Lives - Many teenagers live in a state of chronic sleep deficit that can affect mood, behavior, schoolwork and reaction time. [Requires free nytimes.com registration to view.] (November 5, 2002)
- CSMonitor.com - Before you cheer, sign here - Article on public school extracurricular activity liability waivers. (March 12, 2002)
The content of this directory is based on the Open Directory and may have been modified by DWodp
Powered by DWodp live version 1.1.4 Copyright © 2003 Dominion Web