Society: Issues: Crime_and_Justice
|This category in other languages:|
- Almanac of Policy Issues: Criminal Justice - Background information and links on U.S. criminal justice policy, including issues like gun control, drug policy, and the death penalty.
- Association for Criminal Justice Research (California) - A group of public servants, practitioners, evaluators, analysts and academics sharing information from a research focus. Includes membership details, conference information, list of member interest areas, and newsletters.
- Atlantic Unbound - A collection of articles on crime from the Atlantic Monthly.
- CAVEAT - Avocacy and education to reduce violence with a focus on public education, victims rights and the justice system.
- Center for Community Alternatives - Works in the fields of juvenile and criminal justice and offers training, research and technical assistance.
- Centre for Restorative Justice, Simon Fraser University - Information about the center, with resources and details of current projects, as well as information about the 2001 Ron Wiebe Memorial Lecture and Dialogue on Restorative Justice.
- Community Justice Exchange - Offers information and assistance to help bring together criminal justice agencies and ordinary citizens to make communities safer.
- Community Justice Portal - Information exchange, networking and e-learning for people working in the community and criminal justice system. Includes news, press releases, job ads, publications, and discussion forum. [Registration required]
- Corruption Online Research and Information System (CORIS) - Transparency International's web portal of resources crucial to key groups and individuals involved in anticorruption work and research: news, events, study courses, projects, contacts, and related links.
- Crime and Criminals Email List - The purpose of this list is to talk about crimes, criminals, and punishment. The latest news is posted to this site everyday.
- Crime and Deviance - Crime and deviance is breaking laws or social rules (norms). Articles, discussions and links exploring crime and deviance
- Criminal Justice MegaLinks - A comprehensive library of resources and lectures in crime, justice, criminology, and law.
- Criminal Justice Policy Foundation - CJPF provides information to policy makers and the public to promote innovative ideas about criminal justice issues, including sentencing, drug policy, and police policy.
- Criminal Justice Resources - Assembled by Jon Harris, criminal justice specialist at Michigan State University's library.
- Dr. Frank Schmalleger's Talk Justice - Gives a voice to criminal justice practitioners, academicians, students, crime victims, and interested citizens, covering police, courts, corrections, victims, crime causation, and the death penalty.
- Equal Justice USA - Seeks to bring into clear focus the racial, economic and political biases active in U.S. courts, prisons, jails and policing agencies, and to expand public opposition to the death penalty.
- Federal Crime Statistics - Compendium of the latest federal crime statistics compiled by the White House.
- Financial Scandals - Links to information on financial scandals, bank frauds, money laundering, corruption, scams, and organized crime.
- HomeFair.com - Compares crime rates for major North American cities.
- Impact of a Criminal Record - Information about the effects of a criminal record on such matters as voting rights, employment, pensions, and ability to obtain a license.
- Mafia International.com - A site dealing with the history of the Mafia in the USA. Contents include profiles of infamous mobsters with photographs, links to other crime sites. Includes the Gambino, Gotti, and Genovese families.
- Miranda Rights - News and resources on the history and fate of the warnings given while being arrested.
- National Center on Institutions and Alternatives - Private nonprofit, progressive, and effective criminal justice and human services agency founded in 1977.
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service - Lists publications and links on corrections, courts, crime, drugs, international crime, juvenile justice, law enforcement, research, statistics, crime victims.
- The Navajo Response to Crime - Article about Navajo traditional justice, which emphasizes peacemaking.
- Peacemaking & Crime - Provides information about peacemaking in the U.S. criminal justice system and resources useful to those in interested in alternatives to the war on crime.
- Transparency International (TI) - International non-governmental organisation devoted to combating corruption. TI focuses on prevention and reforming systems.
- United States Department of Justice - Primary federal criminal investigation and enforcement agency.
- Vera Institute of Justice - A nonprofit organization that works closely with government to improve the services that people rely on for safety and justice.
- You Have the Power - Not-for-profit agency devoted to raising awareness about criminal justice and crime prevention. Resource links and sale of educational products.
The content of this directory is based on the Open Directory and may have been modified by DWodp
Powered by DWodp live version 1.1.4 Copyright © 2003 Dominion Web