Society: Issues: Conferences
- Copenhagen+5 / Review of the Social Development Summit - Providing information on the UN social development process, the 5 year review of the Copenhagen Summit (Geneva, June 2000) and encouraging stakeholders to get involved.
- People Site - Web site of an annual youth meeting on minority issues called the Minority Course. For young Europeans active in NGOs. Includes debateforums, chat, mediapresentations, articles and NGO database.
- Unesco High-Level Symposium on Building Knowledge Societies - Brings together political and world leaders to debate main challenges for the construction of knowledge societies on the eve of the World Summit on the Information Society. Archive of event in December, 2003.
- Youth at the Millennium - A dialogue between youth and elders on subjects such as green economics, democracy, peace, and spirituality. (May 8, 2003)
- Playing By the Rules: Video Games and Cultural Policy - The University of Chicago Cultural Policy Center has assembled scholars of policy, education, law, and the arts along with experts from the nonprofit and corporate sectors to discuss the social impact of video games and ways of encouraging innovation and development in positive social directions. (October 26, 2001)
- WohnWandel. Conference - Scenarios and options for the future of housing. (Mannheim, Germany) (May 21, 2001)
- Critical Resistance Northeast Regional Conference - Gathering of activists and community members formed to address the rapid growth of prisons which led to the hyper-incarceration of primarily poor and working class people of color. (New York City) (March 9, 2001)
- Conservative Political Action Conference - Annual convention for conservative activists started in 1973. Sponsored by the American Conservative Union, Young America's Foundation, and Human Events newsweekly. (February 15, 2001)
- Forum 2000 - Forum 2000 in the year 2000 will already be the fourth conference in Prague to deal with humanity?s hopes and risks at the turn of the millennium. (October 9, 2000)
- Computers, Freedom and Privacy - The Tenth conference on Computers, Freedom and Privacy. Toronto, Ontario, Canada. (April 4, 2000)
The content of this directory is based on the Open Directory and may have been modified by DWodp
Powered by DWodp live version 1.1.4 Copyright © 2003 Dominion Web