Science: Biology: Sociobiology
- About.com - Konrad Lorenz - Short biography of Lorenz focuses on his research into innate animal behavior and his book "On Aggression."
- Against Sociobiology - Tom Bethell speculates on what future generations will make of the controversy surrounding human sociobiology.
- Animal behavior and sociobiology courses - Research and teaching in animal and human behavior by Dr. Paul J. Watson, University of New Mexico and Flathead Lake Biological, Montana. Field courses, graduate and independent study student supervision, and workshops.
- Archive site for Kenan Malik - Essays, papers, lectures and reviews on Darwinism, evolutionary psychology, race, philosophy and history. Also extracts from Kenan Malik's books 'Man, Beast and Zombie' and 'What is it to be Human?'.
- Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology - Tables of contents and article abstracts from this Springer-Verlag journal. Complete article texts are available in PDF format to print subscribers.
- Behavioural Ecology Research Group, Oxford - Research group studying animal learning, memory, and decision-making, using experimental psychology and evolutionary biology as tools. Department of Zoology, University of Oxford.
- CogPrints: Sociobiology - Original scientific papers on the subject.
- Demonic Males: Apes and the Origins of Human Violence - Chapter one of the book by Richard Wrangham and Dale Petersen.
- Digit Ratio: A Pointer to Fertility, Behavior and Health by John T. Manning - Michael Mills examines the claim that digit ratio allows us infer whether an individual is likely to have homosexual inclinations, be highly fertile, may eventually suffer from a heart attack or breast cancer, have musical aptitude or sporting prowess, and a surprisingly long list of other characteristics.
- Exorcising Sociobiology - Biologist Paul Gross on the relationship between sociobiology and recent scandals in anthropology.
- Great Ideas in Personality - Evolutionary Psychology and Sociobiology - Includes links to research papers, web sites, and other reference sources.
- History of Sociobiology - A brief historical perspective from Southern Arkansas University.
- Human Genetics for the Social Sciences - Text, figures, and learning exercises in human behavioral genetics
- The Purpose of Life - The Purpose of Life is summarised. This is a book on the philosophy of values and ethics from a viewpoint of evolution or sociobiology.
- The Pythagorean Perspective: The Arts and Sociobiology - A paper exploring the idea that cultural evolution is a manifestation of biological evolution.
- A reduction of "Species" - Online paper by Jody Hey,Department of Genetics, Rutgers University.
- Smithsonian Magazine - What's for Dinner? - Photographer Peter Menzel posed the Natomos, the Cavens and five other "statistically average" families with the food they eat in a week.
- Sociobiology - Explains major concepts of Sociobiology, including Ethology, Evolution, Attraction, Sexual Dimorphism, Imprinting, Kin Selection, Reciprocal Altruism, and Dominance Hierarchies. Contrasts the roles of Sociobiology and Culture.
- Sociobiology: Human Behavior and Evolution - A useful bibliography.
The content of this directory is based on the Open Directory and may have been modified by DWodp
Powered by DWodp live version 1.1.4 Copyright © 2003 Dominion Web