Regional: Europe: United_Kingdom: Science_and_Environment
|This category in other languages:|
- Aviation Environment Federation - Deals with the adverse environmental impacts of aviation, including noise, air quality, climate change and sustainability issues.
- British Geological Survey Seismology - Includes reports of earthquakes in the British Isles, from the BGS and from those experiencing the quake.
- Cartridges for Charity UK - Accepts empty printer cartridges or old mobile phones for recycling to benefit UK charity partners. Contact details and press release.
- Cryonics UK - Information and discussion of cryonics in the UK.
- EcoTech - Exhibition and display centre based on sustainability. Information about the centre, the wind turbine, grounds and facilities. Details for visitors, and of conference services. Swaffham.
- Edinburgh International Science Festival - Annual event in early April includes events and shows relating to science and technology. Features exhibitions, workshops, tours, talks, demonstrations and hands-on activities, all aimed at the general public.
- The Institute of Physics - The site for physics and physicists, including information on Institute membership and activities, online news, books, magazines and journals.
- Mapping a future for ancient trees - Co-operative attempt to record and survey Britain's old trees, including the fattest, oldest, and most rotten. Interactive map, search by species, Elm Map Project.
- The Naked Scientists Online - Contains science articles, online discussion forum, interviews with famous scientists, book reviews and free MP3 downloads of their science radio shows.
- National Institute for Environmental e-Science - Details of its programmes, projects, events, personnel.
- Positive Power - News about renewable energy, survey, free email, search facility and web links. A UK based portal for renewable energies and environmental technology.
- The Royal Society - Dedicated to recognising excellence in science, furthering the role of science, engineering and technology and promoting public understanding of science.
- Scotland and Northern Ireland Forum for Environmental Research - Identifies and manages environmental research on behalf of members and stakeholders.
- Sense About Science - A charitable trust to encourage an evidence-based approach to scientific and technological developments. Information and briefing documents about particular issues, along with details of how to get involved.
- The Tree Council - Founded in 1974 to improve the environment in town and country by promoting the planting and conservation of trees and woods.
- The Tree Register - Registered charity with database of over 125,000 big, ancient, historical and tall trees in the UK. Some website facilities available to members only.
- Trinity House - The general lighthouse authority for the UK and Gibraltar. Offering consultancy in the fields of marine pollution, meterological studies, port asset management and renewable resources.
- Web of Knowledge - Citation and journal database. For academic users, requires authentication and login.
The content of this directory is based on the Open Directory and may have been modified by DWodp
Powered by DWodp live version 1.1.4 Copyright © 2003 Dominion Web