Regional: Europe: United_Kingdom: Government: Equality_Issues
- Commission for Racial Equality, UK - The CRE is a publicly funded, independent organisation that exists to tackle racial discrimination and promote racial equality.
- Disability - on the agenda - Information of the New Deal for the Disabled initiative and disability rights. There is also a section on the W3C Web Accessibility Initiative which provides detailed guidelines for web authors on making their pages accessible to all.
- Equal Opportunities Commission - Offers advice and guidance on sex discrimination and equal pay issues for England, Scotland and Wales.
- Equality Direct - Telephone advice service and website providing advice on equality legislation and good practice.
- Human Rights Unit - Responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of the Human Rights Act 1998, which incorporates into UK law rights and freedoms guaranteed by the European Convention on Human Rights, and for the UK's position under various Human Rights Treaties.
- Office for Disability Issues - Government office which works with all government departments to develop and improve services for disabled people. Information about activies, and the government's commitment to disabled people.
The content of this directory is based on the Open Directory and may have been modified by DWodp
Powered by DWodp live version 1.1.4 Copyright © 2003 Dominion Web