Recreation: Humor: Science
|This category in other languages:|
- Ask Dr. Science - America's foremost authoritarian on the world around us. Or at least the world around him.
- Bad Science Projects - The scientific method gone terribly, terribly wrong. Scientists with too much time on their hands.
- Best of RHF: Computer, Science and Math Jokes - A selection from the rec.humor.funny newsgroup.
- Blunders and Mistakes of Science - A compilation of mistakes which are the result of misapplication or ignorance of science and engineering principles.
- Bob Meyer's Premier Web Pages - Americans for Cloning Elvis (ACE), Americans for Cloning Dead Celebrities (ACDC), Bob Meyer's Compendium of Elvis Sightings.
- B.S.L Labs - Inventors of funny, strange, and unusual items including the Universal Llama Translator and Polytetrafluoroethylene Coated Underwear.
- Butseriously.com - Comic Brian Malow hosts a live daily webcast featuring interviews with scientists, authors, techies, artists, musicians and others.
- Casebook of the Queer and Strange - A non too serious study of the UFO, crop circle, supernatural phenomena and a look at the so-called Apollo moon landing hoax.
- CooperToons - Science cartoons indexed by category: physics, chemistry, life sciences, medicine, and computers.
- The Dark Sucker Theory - Dedicated to those hardy, brave souls who know the deeper truth and aren't ashamed to admit it: that so-called "light sources" are really dark suckers.
- The Deirdre Project - An investigation into a spatial and temporal anomaly, a dish which refuses to clean itself.
- Eric Schulman's Science Humor - Includes "How to Write a Scientific Paper," "The History of the Universe in 200 Words or Less," and other articles and essays, most published in The Annals of Improbable Research.
- Famous Scientists - A humorous look at influential scientists throughout history.
- The Final Front Ear - Ramblings on SETI-related topics.
- Flaxon Alternative Interface Technologies - Home and underground research and development facility of the Evil Doctor Flaxon, located in the heart of the Nevada nuclear test site.
- Frodsham Amateur Ghost Society - Off-Beat look at Paranormal Investigation focusing on alleged apparitions of dead celebrities in the Frodsham area.
- Fun Science - A small collection of rather pointless experiments.
- Good Science Jokes - Scientific humor, jokes, and cartoons organized by topic.
- IG Nobel Prize - Awarded every year at Harvard University for "achievements that cannot or should not be reproduced."
- Improbable Research - International science humor magazine chronicles genuine and concocted research from Earth's best and worst scientists and science writers, and administers the annual Ig Nobel Prize ceremony. Many articles online not in the print version, and vice versa.
- The Journal of Irreproducible Results - Bimonthly science humor magazine published since 1955. Site includes sample articles, subscription and contact information, and the magazine's history.
- The Magic of A.I. - Entertaining tidbits from the realm of Artificial Intelligence.
- Metric Conversion Chart - For those of us who hate conversion problems (and who doesn't?), here are some conversion factors that are much more enjoyable than what we usually see in the back of the textbook.
- Middle School Science Humor - Statements taken from the work of middle school students.
- OmniResearch, Inc. - The Journal of Omniresearch Online publishes original humorous research articles in a broad range of scientific topics. [Contains fictitious information.]
- The Quantum Theory of Econodynamics - Imagine a cross between economics and thermodynamics...
- Reality Carnival - A news site that explores the edges of science: altered realities, near-death experiences, unsolved mysteries, exotic sushi, parallel universes, religion & science, weird & fun, sex, beauty & brains, fantastic memes. Edited by science writer Dr. Cliff Pickover.
- Science and Math Jokes - A weird and wacky place filled with links to all sorts of science jokes.
- Science Entertainment - Home of Lynda Williams, the Physics Chanteuse.
- Science Humor - Quotes from 11-year-olds' science exams, and what NOT to do/say at your Ph.D Defense.
- Science Humor Webring - This ring is intended to join websites with humor about science and scientists, so that you can wander forever along the science humor sites.
- Science Jokes (Joachim Verhagen's site) - Collection of mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, geology and university humor. It also includes humorous quotes, rhymes, mnemonics and anecdotes about scientists
- Science Maniac - Miscellaneous jokes and trivia about astronomy, Einstein, animals, and plants.
- The Sciencist - A satirical journal of science featuring groundbreaking research, experiments and reports.
- Scientific AmeriKen - Delves into many scientific disciplines to come up with some unusual insights and experiments.
- Scientific Quotes Gathered on the Net - Miscellaneous quotes, including: what in the world is electricity, and where does it go after it leaves the toaster?
- ScientificGospel.com - Prompted by a letter from Dr. Eugenie Scott in Science News noting that the creationists have all the good songs, Dr. Stephen Baird decided to address the long neglected problem of scientific gospel. Includes music, quotes, and merchandise.
- Society for Scientific Exploitation - Promoting the belief in exotic, aberrant, or supernatural explanations for ostensibly anomalous or paranormal phenomena.
- Solar Death Ray - Using the power of 112 suns to burn, melt, and destroy things.
- Sometimes Science Sucks - Webcomic about science and the situations that occur when it all goes wrong.
- South Pacific Institute of Nolledge - Te Ngstitute Pikamanaga O Pasifika. A satirical look at modern corporate research institutes: nolledge, boffins, sustainable managers, ambush marketing, and electron retrospectroscopy.
- Stop the Spin - Satiral organization dedicated to stopping global warming by stopping the spin of the earth.
- The Straight Dope by Cecil Adams - "Education and Condescension" - Fighting ignorance since 1973, Cecil Adams takes questions from the teeming millions, spewing forth correctness week after week in his replies.
- Strange But Untrue Science - Explore the three key areas of Science (Phydlstics, Pharmacy and Squidgy Things) with a mad scientist.
- This Week In Science - Web site and online audio archives for the weekly TWIS science radio show. A humorous and irreverent take on the world of science.
- The Underwater Mouse Project - Documents an underwater mouse. Plenty of pictures and illustrations are included.
- W&B Scientific Articles - Nonsensical but fleetingly plausible articles on a variety of scientific disciplines
- Why Is The Sky Blue - Features funny scientific misinformation and silliness.
- Yes, It's Patented - List of strange inventions which have actually been patented.
The content of this directory is based on the Open Directory and may have been modified by DWodp
Powered by DWodp live version 1.1.4 Copyright © 2003 Dominion Web